Sunday, June 28, 2009

Over Doing It

I was a bit overzealous yesterday. I did Kempo Cardio Plus in the morning and kicked virtual butt and then it kicked my butt. After I finished we went to Disneyland and probably walked for about 6 hours straight. My legs and but were tired but appeared that they were going to be alright but when I woke up this morning they were fried...nothing that a good day's rest can't handle. I thought about doing my ride as planned but in So. California heat (100 degree Farenheit) it's not a wise move especially after yesterday. Oh well, I may go tomorrow after my Chest & Back workout. X'ers and overzealous fitness folks bewarned of over doing it. If you question how much your body takes it would be wise to taper it off.

My wife is a champ since her total hip replacement last September. She walks 4 miles per day, 6 days per week and does The Abs Diet 2 (resistance training) 3 days per week. She kept her schedule as planned and then tweaked her back a bit from yesterday's excursion at Disneyland. Her legs were fine and strong but after all the training this past week and then Disneyland really did her back in and it took a few Advil and a mechanical message on her lower back to get her back up and around. BTW, last year she couldn't last one hour of the walking we did yesterday. One hour of walking would lay her up for 3-4 days.

Don't be like NIKE and "JUST DO IT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment