Saturday, June 27, 2009

P90X Round II: Week 1

Week 1 was a little bitter sweet. It's a grind coming back to Week 1 of P90X because I haven't done this specific workout in 3 weeks or so. I took 1 week in between Rounds I & II (June 13 - June 22) so, it's like coming back to an old friend that you really didn't want to see so soon. I was enjoying my weeks in recovery weeks. I was in a recovery week coming up to June 13th. I was able to eat some Pizza on Father's Day which I thought deep down was going to hinder me. I imagine my metabolism is working overtime because since I started Round I on the 22nd it was almost as if I didn't take a week off. I did do some cardio during the week off between rounds though. I did the fun stuff like Kempo X and a couple of 14-15 mile cycling runs. It was great.

So, Week I began on June 22nd. In hindsight it was a good week but like I said, it was a grind coming back. My nutrition was good though, I was confused about doing Phase I or II on the P90X Nutrition Guide. I decided to do one or the other depending on the day's routine. As far as the routines, I don't fancy Weeks 1-3 & 5-6 however, my numbers were slightly improved in Pull-ups and Push-ups...only slight. I wanted to have vast improvements but it was only by a few here and there. The cardio workouts were a bit tough even though I was fairly active last week. I'll definitely "Bring It" on Week 2 though.

No comments:

Post a Comment