Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dismayed

I feel a little dismayed this morning. My schedule didn't permit me to do all the workouts I planned to do last week. In some ways I feel like I cheated myself. I'm not in Round I of P90X anymore but I still feel like I should've pushed myself a bit further to get that workout in. Last week was extremely busy coming back from vacation into an "Administration Week" but I still feel the guilt. I've got to shake it off and "Keep Pushing Play!"

This week is going great! My workouts are fantastic and my nutrition is solid. I'm glad I don't have to be as stringent in Round II as I was in the last round of the X. I'm doing a combination of Phase I and II. I can at least give me that luxury depending on how I feel that day. However, I am making sure that my I'm doing a 40/40/20 on my resistance days to feed my body the proteins it needs and 20/40/20 on cardio days to fuel my body with carbs for the energy. If there is one thing I'm splurging on here and there is this damn trail mix I have in my office from Costco. I'm filtering out the M & M's and eating the nuts and rasins instead. It's about 2 tablespoons which is about the amount for a normal snack of nuts.

Like I said the workouts are fantastic and I'm able to get some riding time in place of a few cardio days, but it's been ripping Hot out here in So. Cal. I did a 13 mi. XC (cross country) ride at Frank G. Bonelli Park yesterday and I was baking the entire time. I heard rattlers all over the place. I should've put my headphones on because it became distracting and unnerving. Today I'm doing the Kempo Cardio workout form P90X+....and I cannot wait. It's a complete blast!

This week I'm hoping that I lean out a bit more this week so I can reduce the remaining fat on my belly. I'm curious how different my 120 day pics in Round II will be from the 90 day pics in Round I of P90X. If the belly fat doesn't totally go away, I'm cool with it because after 20 years of trial and error in the gym I've never reached this level of fitness before in my life. I've never had definition in my core whatsoever. I did it my way instead of doing a bit of research especially with nutrition.

Alright maybe I'm not so dismayed. Here's an additional thing that came to me by e-mail. This dude Derek Heizek e-mailed me yesterday (official BeachBody coach (P90X, Power 90, 10 Min Trainer) who I talk to on the Message Boards at the BB sight. He asked me if I'd be interested in becoming a BeachBody Coach after all the stuff I do regarding the sharing with others about my journey, active lifestyles, nutrition, and the love for the X. I'm not sure where it's going to go...it sounds like Amway or Partylite Candles but I will certainly investigate it. It's encouraging, too
since this dude made a great transformation.

Here's a pic of him in a handstand in Santa Monica.

Here is a link he sent me for folks doing handstands in Santa Monica:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp3hXGD30zQ

No comments:

Post a Comment