Saturday, July 11, 2009

Significance

I came back from a 2 week vacation and the X must've done something right because folks at work are seeing a difference. It's very humbling and complimentary at the same time. I see myself in the mirror everyday but I see changes because what I see isn't good enough. I believe every so often a person needs to reassess what level of fitness they want to achieve. Is it appearance, performance, or a little of both? And after they reassess their goals what do they need to do to come to a place of maintaining their gains.

Don't get me wrong folks, I love the progress I've made in performance and physique. This program is a Monster that has the ability for one to create mammoth results. It's a really incredible what you can do by good old fashioned resistance training and cardio. However, it's very easy to lose sight of the goals...especially me.

There is concept called the Hero's Journey (coined by Joseph Cambell) I teach to my students. Essentially everyone is on their own journey that began with "The Calling." "The Calling" is noticing that something is wrong or something needs to be changed and after the person figures it out they have to pass what's called "The Threshold." Our Threshold is what's common for all of us and that's P90X.

So, what's "calling" you here? Is something "calling" you for change? The more you search for the answer, the more you find how deep the rabbit hole really is. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment